Lake of Isles
The Director of Retail oversees all aspects of the golf retail operation at Lake of Isles, including purchasing, stocking, displaying, and selling inventory, as well as supervising all retail Golf Shop staff and daily operation of the shop. This candidate must have retail purchasing experience of at least five years.
The Director of Retail will plan and manage all operation of the retail department, including but not limited to: purchasing and all retail goods for sale in the golf and hotel shops (separate units/bldgs.); Assisting the Director of Golf in developing the marketing plan for retail, handling group sales of retail, marketing and selling gift cards, management of retail associates and managing our online store; Responsible for the overall operation of the retail shops to achieve customer satisfaction and quality service while meeting and exceeding financial goals. This position is also responsible for short- and long-term planning and the management of the retail shop areas. The Director of Retail will develop and recommend the budget, marketing, and merchandising plans and objectives and manage multiple retail shops with approximately $1,300,000 in annual revenue.
- Supervise all retail staff, including the Golf Shop Manager
- Supervise and direct all retail operations with approval from the Director of Golf
- Prepare, monitor, modify, and make recommendations relative to the Buying and Merchandising Plan for both hard goods and soft goods for review and approval by the Director of Golf; and to implement, execute, and deliver as stipulated in the adopted Merchandising Plan
- Oversee and assist in monthly inventories of all retail areas
- Responsible for reporting Final Monthly Variances to the Director of Golf before finalizing with the Accounting Department
- Assist and oversee processing of all invoices for payment and submit them to the Director of Golf for payment
- Assist and oversee the ordering, tracking receiving, and displaying of merchandise
- Assist and oversee members’ special orders and follow up on order details; ensure communication with members regarding the progress of the special order
- Maintain proper inventory levels
- Be visible to the membership throughout the day
- Maintain an open line of communication with the membership, seeking feedback regarding shop activities and merchandise
- Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM) Member preferred
- Preferred 5 years in a leading role managing the retail and purchasing of an outlet
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to show previous quality of work/displays and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work long hours, weekends and holidays as demanded by the golf business cycle/season
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 30 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 10 lbs constantly
Full-time, exempt, year-round
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer