Hawthorn Woods Country Club
Hawthorn Woods Country Club is home to an Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course. HWCC currently has 240 golfing members and 288 social members. The Clubhouse and golf course are the focal point of a Toll Brothers 520 home master-planned community. Clubhouse dining consists of a 50 seat member bar and grill area, a 90 seat dining room and 40 seat banquet room. There is a ½ way house off the men’s locker room and a snack bar at the pool. Many social activities focus around our brand “More for today’s Active Families.” www.hawthornwoodsgolf.com.
The Director of Racquet Sports is instrumental in developing and/or implementing strategies, Tennis, paddle, pickleball and other Club events and programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace. The Director oversees Tennis/Paddle/Pickleball along with camp operations and is responsible for ensuring that all guests receive outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. Additionally, he/she is accountable for achieving budgeted financial goals relative to the operations for which he/she is responsible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to the pool and tennis groups.
- Plan and schedule work duties of department personnel. Monitor performance to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved. Keep overtime hours to a minimum.
- Oversee daily operating activities including opening, closing and securing the pool, fitness center and paddle hut; managing daily cash flow to ensure cash/credit card charges balance with sales receipts; monitoring staff interaction with guests to ensure proper customer service; maintaining clean, ensuring that the fitness center, paddle hut, storage areas, and grounds are maintained to applicable appearance standards;
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of operating and capital budgets. Provide assistance with financial forecasts and analyzing budget variances.
- Oversee merchandising operations including ensuring that merchandise orders are recorded with proper quantities and prices and participating in monthly inventories. Be fully knowledgeable of fitness, tennis, and platform tennis merchandise, participate in selling merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Interact with guests in a congenial and professional manner. Maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule court times and handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures. Ensure all phone calls are handled before the third ring.
- Plan and conduct individual and group lesson programs for tennis, pickleball and platform tennis, coordinate personal training, group exercise instruction, assist in the development of swimming programs including but not limited to swim team and private swim instruction.
- Work with tennis, pickleball and platform tennis and other groups to schedule team matches/meets, and recreation facilities to set up field trip outings. Ensure organization and efficient operation and coordination of platform tennis and tennis.
- Represent the Company/Club in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, vendors, leagues and other outside agencies.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintains and submits accurate correct payroll information to the facility payroll administrator
- Contributes articles for Club newsletter.
- Submits weekly reports on activities, improvements, issues and staff changes.
- Attends sales and operating staff meetings.
- Enforces Club policies and procedures
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary reports.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to the fitness, tennis, platform tennis industry and recreation industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Be knowledgeable about and oversee the maintenance of har-tru tennis courts, pickleball, platform tennis courts, pools and general office supplies
- Coordinates fitness, swimming pool, tennis, platform tennis and summer camp schedule with other department heads in the Club to avoid time and facility conflicts according to the Club’s annual master calendar.
- Coordinates purchase of supplies for fitness, swimming pool, tennis and platform tennis.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- BA / BS degree, preferred.
- USPTR / USPTA certification, ACE Fitness Certification preferred
- Min 3 years management experience, preferably in the fitness/tennis or hospitality industries.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of fiscal management and staff management. Retailing, marketing, and/or sales and customer service, guest relations experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer software including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Tennis Professionals, Aquatics Director, Lifeguards
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer