Director of Golf- Waverly Woods Golf Club
About Waverly Woods Golf Club
Designed by the late acclaimed golf course architect Arthur Hills and centrally located between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Waverly Woods opened in 1998. Waverly Woods’ par-72 layout reaches just over 7,000 yards from the back tees and is set on beautiful rolling and often wooded terrain with five different sets of tees. Driven by recreational golfers, for recreational golfers, GolfPass’ annual Golfers’ Choice lists have ranked Waverly Woods among the top 25 best courses in Maryland for the past six years.
A day in the life
Manages and directs the overall operational and fiscal performance of the facility in compliance and in accord with Company policies and procedures. Develops and implements fiscal, operational, and business development plans and strategies. Establishes and administers operational standards and quality performance guidelines for all system operating functions and staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development the facility’s annual business plan and operating/capital budgets.
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget goals and objectives. Analyze budget variances, develop and implement action plans to achieve appropriate adjustments.
- Analyze and evaluate operations to determine productivity efficiencies vs. budgeted standards.
- Review and approve financial expenditures and transactions relative to operations, services, and facilities/equipment within and according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Manage the proper communication of system activities to help ensure coordination of activities between departments.
- Provide appropriate leadership in accord with Company culture and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
- Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate management staff to assist with their skill development and help ensure the successful development and implementation of appropriate departmental operating and safety plans, goals, and policies & procedures.
- Oversee and manage employment activities, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc. to ensure compliance with Company human resources policies and procedures.
- Assess the quality of customer service activities in all departments.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, municipal officials, and community organizations.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
We are looking for someone with 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf or hospitality industry. Knowledge of EzSuite a plus
- College degree preferred.
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf or hospitality industry. Knowledge of EzSuite a plus
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer