Thornberry Creek at Oneida
Thornberry Creek at Oneida is located in Oneida, WI. Nestled atop one of the highest peaks in Brown County and located just outside of Green Bay, Thornberry Creek at Oneida offers 27 holes of championship golf at its finest. An abundance of vistas and amenities will excite golfers and guests of all ages and abilities.
The two golf courses – both designed by Rick Jacobson – feature bent grass tees, fairways, and greens, and the varied landscape gives golfers a unique experience from hole to hole, from a forested “Northwoods” type setting at the start and finish of the Legends Course, to the prairie or meadow type environment in the middle holes as you play your way through one of Green Bay’s most prestigious neighborhoods.
Other amenities of the facility include a spacious and comfortable Sports Pub & Grill, meeting rooms, and several banquet facilities including The Hawks Crest ballroom that can be configured in multiple layouts, from an intimate space for groups under 50 to an extravagant ballroom for up to 300 guests. The adjoining Cupola Room features incredible views of the surrounding area and serves as a great space for a ceremony. Additional information can be found at: www.golfthornberry.com.
The Director of Food & Beverage (F&B) is responsible for the strategic success and future planning as it relates to all F&B initiatives for all areas including the bar, restaurant, golf course, Golf Shop, banquet and events of Thornberry Creek at Oneida (TCO).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive, Develop and Maintain all F&B execution initiatives to achieve: budget goals, customer satisfaction survey goals, and community outreach
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics that inspire team members to meet and exceed standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Delivering exceptional standards of quality, service, and product to our members and customer, leading by example
- Develop training materials to educate team and instruct proper standards
- Ensuring checklists, requisitions, proper opening and closing functions are being executed and all FOH and BOH team members are coached and held accountable
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the team. Both internal to F&B and other departments.
- Observe performance, reward the positive and encourage improvement where necessary
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings and ensure appropriate communication to team daily events and expectations
- Ensure staffing levels and strategies for all outlets are accurate based on property and outlet business levels. Includes hiring, training, coaching and possible terminations
- Monitor all F&B scheduling to ensure budgetary goals
- Develop, implement, measure, and train all F&B standards of operation in concert with the supporting management / supervisory team
- Communicate with members, non-members, and team members using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations / heavy operational activity / difficult guest situations serving as a role model for the team and other facility employees.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met
- Maintain cleanliness of all outlets on a daily basis, including FOH, BOH, and storage areas
- Preventative Maintenance and Repair & Maintenance of all F&B related Furnitures, Fixtures & Equipment
- Solicit feedback from members and non-members concerning service and food & beverage offerings in all F&B units.
- Oversee set up, event operations, and break down of events as needed, and provide stability and assistance during all property functions
- Work closely with the Executive Chef team. Assist in development of the kitchen team, menus, pricing, and stay on the newest F&B trends.
- Oversee/manage monthly beverage inventory process as well as quarterly china/glass/silver inventory.
- Assist with budget preparation, regular analysis, and achieving monthly and annual goals
- Complete other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Resume and proven work experience in a food and beverage environment for a minimum of 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Restaurant Management, Business or related field highly desired
- Computer literacy, including POS, inventory, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, customer service skills, and servant leadership
- Understanding of Food and Beverage P&L
- Ability to maintain labor cost, F&B COGS
- Execution of financial reporting
- Will be required to work varying schedule, nights, and weekends
- Must stand for long periods of time
- Must lift up to 50 lbs.
- FOH and BOH Managers, Supervisors, FOH servers, bussers, hosts, banquet captains, banquet servers, beverage cart, halfway house
Full-Time, Year-Round, Salary, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer