Cloverbank Country Club
Cloverbank Country Club is located in Hamburg, New York. It offers various activities, such as bowling, swimming, tennis, and golf. The golf course was designed by Martin & Martin and opened in 1959. Prior to 2021, the club operated as the Brierwood Country Club.
The Director of Food & Beverage (F&B) is responsible for the strategic success and future planning as it relates to all F&B initiatives for all areas including the bar, restaurant, golf course, Golf Shop, banquet and member events at Cloverbank Country Club
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive, Develop and Maintain all F&B execution initiatives to achieve: budget goals, customer satisfaction survey goals, and community outreach
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics that inspire team members to meet and exceed standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Delivering exceptional standards of quality, service, and product to our members and customer, leading by example
- Develop training materials to educate team and instruct proper standards
- Ensuring checklists, requisitions, proper opening and closing functions are being executed and all FOH and BOH team members are coached and held accountable
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the team. Both internal to F&B and other departments.
- Observe performance, reward the positive and encourage improvement where necessary
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings and ensure appropriate communication to team daily events and expectations
- Ensure staffing levels and strategies for all outlets are accurate based on property and outlet business levels. Includes hiring, training, coaching and possible terminations
- Monitor all F&B scheduling to ensure budgetary goals
- Develop, implement, measure, and train all F&B standards of operation in concert with the supporting management / supervisory team
- Communicate with members, non-members, and team members using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations / heavy operational activity / difficult guest situations serving as a role model for the team and other facility employees.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met
- Maintain cleanliness of all outlets on a daily basis, including FOH, BOH, and storage areas
- Preventative Maintenance and Repair & Maintenance of all F&B related Furnitures, Fixtures & Equipment
- Solicit feedback from members and non-members concerning service and food & beverage offerings in all F&B units.
- Oversee set up, event operations, and break down of events as needed, and provide stability and assistance during all property functions
- Work closely with the Executive Chef team. Assist in development of the kitchen team, menus, pricing, and stay on the newest F&B trends.
- Oversee/manage monthly beverage inventory process as well as quarterly china/glass/silver inventory.
- Assist with budget preparation, regular analysis, and achieving monthly and annual goals
- Complete other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Resume and proven work experience in a food and beverage environment for a minimum of 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Restaurant Management, Business or related field highly desired
- Computer literacy, including POS, inventory, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, customer service skills, and servant leadership
- Understanding of Food and Beverage P&L
- Ability to maintain labor cost, F&B COGS
- Execution of financial reporting
- Will be required to work varying schedule, nights, and weekends
- Must stand for long periods of time
- Must lift up to 50 lbs.
- FOH and BOH Managers, Supervisors, FOH servers, bussers, hosts, banquet captains, banquet servers, beverage cart, halfway house
Full-Time, Year-Round, Salary, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer