Cobblestone Creek Country Club
Cobblestone Creek Country Club in Lawrenceville, New Jersey is a premiere member owned private country club founded in 1938. Cobblestone Creek features a brand-new golf course designed by Bobby Weed, one of America’s renowned golf course architects. The Club offers a best-in-class, modern country club experience: top-notch amenities, sumptuous dining, and a long-tenured staff dedicated to providing extraordinary service. In addition to the multi-million-dollar makeover of its facilities, the Club has been transformed to meet its members’ casual, vibrant and health-oriented lifestyles
The Director of Banquets and Events promotes, plans and executes banquets, social and business meetings and member parties. The Director coordinates and organizes events,
stays within budgetary constraints and directs the administrative and operational aspects of the events. The Director shall place equal emphasis on promoting, planning and conceptualizing banquets and events. Periodically, the Director may perform several roles or work with staff from different departments. Work schedule will include nights and weekends based on scheduled banquets, events or club necessity.
A successful Director of Banquets and Events is a career professional who possesses the desire to significantly contribute to the development and success of the Club’s banquets and events program. He or she will promote and professionally respond to inquiries via in person, phone or e-mail throughout the entire banquet or event selling, planning and execution process. Must be well versed in professional communication and proficient organizational skills are a necessity. He or she provides excellent “customer service.” Ensure that all banquets and events are successful through positive experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes banquets and events
- Handles inquiries for hosting banquets and events including menus and pricing
- Cultivate strong relationships/partnerships throughout the Club membership to ensure satisfaction and the continuing use of the Club for banquets and events
- Professional verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Requires the ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Meets weekly with Food and Beverage Department to review upcoming banquets and events
- Coordinates all banquets and events with the Executive Chef
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to oversee banquet or event set up, and banquet or event execution
- Create and review annual budget, communicate directly with Club’s Controller on all aspects of the budget and actual banquet and event results of operations
- College degree required.
- 3 years F&B experience in a management capacity, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of fiscal management, strategic planning.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer.