Controller – Spring Hollow Golf Club
About Spring Hollow Golf Club
Spring Hollow Golf Club opened in 1994 and is one of the region’s top daily fee golf courses. Designed by John Thompson, the 18-hole, par-70 layout measures just over 6,000 yards from the tips and features dramatic elevation changes and several scenic holes that play over water. Located less than 35 miles from Philadelphia, Spring Hollow also includes two practice greens for chipping and putting, a pro shop, local dining favorite Spring Hollow Bar & Grille, which occupies a former dairy barn, an award-winning banquet venue, as well as outdoor event space.
A day in the life
You will be responsible for development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information along with evaluating operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operational policies, trends and increased profit possibilities. You will also supervise the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing policies and procedures to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, cost control, payroll, taxes and related financial activities and records.
- Preparing annual budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various departments.
- Preparing, verify and disseminate monthly financial statements, supporting schedules, statistical analyses and accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for club management.
- Monitoring expenditures and advise management about variances relative to the budget and financial aspects of their areas.
- Managing and conducting internal auditing programs to safeguard company assets, assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Working with external auditors to assure that procedures are consistent with company policies.
- Directing, participating in and verify the taking of various inventories for beverages, food, supplies, merchandise, equipment, furnishings, etc.
- Ensuring all cash and receipts are collected and proper bank deposits are made.
- Managing the petty cash and operating cash fund.
- Preparing and supervising the preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
- Ensuring that all insurance policies, business licenses, liquor licenses, certificates of operation, and appropriate records are current and properly maintained.
- Effectively interacting in a positive and professional manner and maintain harmonious relationships with clients, municipal officials, community organizations, and fellow co-workers.
- Managing employment activities for applicable staff members.
- Maintaining knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assuring the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
We are looking for someone with 2 years accounting and/or financial control experience and supervisory and/or management experience.
- College degree with accounting and/or finance emphasis preferred.
- Demonstrated capability with budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer