Website Kemper Sports Management
Located in Columbus, Ohio this portfolio of six golf courses represents some of the best public golf experiences in the Ohio Valley. Golf Club of Dublin, Glenross Golf Club, Bent Tree Golf Club, Royal American Links, New Albany, and Clover Valley Golf Club each have their own unique identities, while attracting the lion’s share of daily fee rounds in the greater Columbus metropolitan area. Each of the courses participates in a robust annual pass program, tailored for the playing habits of their respective golf patrons. Several of the clubhouses are well suited to grow their a la carte and catering operations, while a new driving range is being constructed at New Albany.
Directs the financial activities of the portfolio of clubs. Develops policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develops, establishes and administers procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters; prepares financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Maintains all accounting records and is responsible for development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information. Evaluates operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operational policies, trends and increased profit possibilities. Supervises the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, verify, and disseminate monthly financial statements including supporting schedules, statistical analyses, and accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for management, Home Office, and client.
- Manage, maintain, bill, and send Membership accounts and statements.
- Creating great communication and rapport with client.
- Manage the general accounting activities of the property including accounts payable, and cash management / receivables.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure all cash and receipts are collected and proper bank deposits are made. Perform daily reconciliation of point-of-sale revenues, tax liabilities, and cash/charge receipts.
- Manage cash flow on a daily / weekly / monthly basis.
- Develop and/or adhere to existing policies and procedures to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, cost control, payroll, taxes, and related financial activities and records.
- Assist the General Manager in the preparation of annual budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various departments.
- Ensure that procedures are in place to safeguard company assets, assure that records are accurately maintained, and that established policies and practices are consistently followed.
- Manage any cash banks (petty cash, cash drawers, etc.) at the property.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of applicable state and local tax returns.
- Ensure that all business licenses, liquor licenses, certificates of operation, and other licenses/permits are current and properly maintained.
- Manage the insurance administrative duties for the property, including but not limited to claim reporting and supporting the General Manager in company-wide safety programs such as Safety National.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree with accounting and/or finance emphasis preferred.
- 3-5 years accounting and/or financial control experience and supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated capability with budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer