About the Portfolio
The Controller will support three KemperSports owned and operated upscale public semi-private golf courses in the Washinton Baltimore Metropolitan area.
A day in the life
As a Controller, you will manage the general accounting activities of the property including accounts payable, payroll and cash management/receivables. This role interacts with department managers to product budgets and forecasts as well as other various departments.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records.
- Develop, establishes, and administers procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters.
- Prepare financial statements, forecasts, and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions.
- Maintain all accounting records and is responsible for development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information.
- Evaluate operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operational policies, trends, and increased profit possibilities.
- Supervise the staffing, scheduling, training, and professional development of department members.
- Ensure that procedures are in place to safeguard company assets, assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Manage employment activities for the property, including but not limited to assisting Department Heads with personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation planning, discipline, and terminations.
- Responsible for Human Resource administrative duties including but not limited to maintaining the employee files/records, onboarding new staff members (staff handbook review and benefit orientation), and unemployment compensation reporting.
- Maintain the property time keeping system. Work closely with home office payroll team to prepare/edit weekly time sheets, enter and submit weekly payroll to home office and track employee vacation.
- Manage the insurance administrative duties for the property, including but not limited to claim reporting and supporting the General Manager in company-wide safety programs such as Safety National.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree in accounting preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) preferred.
- 3-5 years applicable accounting experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to analyze/solve problems, multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Organization and attention to detail, a positive attitude, and ability to communicate effectively to staff.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer