Controller – Kenmure Country Club
About Kenmure Country Club
Located within Western North Carolina’s premier gated golf community, Flat Rock’s Kenmure is a 6,509-yard par-72 layout designed by renowned Florida-based architect Joe Lee that provides top-notch high country living. Opened in 1982, the private club is a stern test for advanced players while appealing to the everyday player. Breathtaking views can be seen on each of its 18 holes thanks to the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains. Other club amenities include a historic clubhouse, excellent dining options, 6 tennis courts, fitness and aquatic center and a 260-person grand ball room perfect for events and weddings. Kenmure is an easy place to relax and enjoy an active lifestyle.
A day in the life
You will be responsible for directing the financial activities of the club and for supervising the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing policies and procedures to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, cost control, payroll, taxes and related financial activities and records.
- Preparing annual budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various departments.
- Preparing, verify and disseminate monthly financial statements, supporting schedules, statistical analyses and accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for club management, the Home Office, clients, outside agencies and trade and professional organizations.
- Monitoring expenditures and advise management about variances relative to the budget and financial aspects of their areas.
- Managing and conducting internal auditing programs to safeguard company assets.
- Working with external auditors to assure that procedures are consistent with company policies.
- Directing, participating in and verifying the taking of various inventories for beverages, food, supplies, merchandise, equipment, furnishings, etc.
- Ensuring all cash and receipts are collected and proper bank deposits are made.
- Managing the petty cash and operating cash fund.
- Preparing and supervising the preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
- Ensuring that all insurance policies, business licenses, liquor licenses, certificates of operation, and appropriate records are current and properly maintained.
- Effectively interacting in a positive and professional manner and maintain harmonious relationships with clients, municipal officials, community organizations, and fellow co-workers.
- Managing employment activities for applicable staff members.
- Maintaining knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assuring the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
We are looking for someone that demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management and has quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- College degree with accounting and/or finance emphasis preferred.
- 2 years accounting and/or financial control experience and supervisory and/or management experience.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer