Website Links at Perry Cabin
The Links at Perry Cabin is an 18-hole private golf course located along the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Marked as the final course completed by the legendary Pete and Alice Dye, the Links at Perry Cabin is a golfer’s dream and the ultimate destination with exhilarating challenges for even the most skilled player.
Built on a peninsula where farms and forests meet the shore, the Links showcases Pete Dye’s unique ability to sculpt fairways and greens into the earth’s natural expressions. Winding through indigenous trees and undulating terrain, the golf course is filled with inspiration from iconic golf holes such as the island green at TPC Sawgrass and the “Biarritz” hole at Yale.
Believing the end of any course should be the most memorable, akin to a goodnight kiss on a first date, Pete designed the final greens at the Links to provide a lasting impression on the golfer long after the round is over. Each exciting, challenging and fun in their own way, the last three holes are aptly named the “Goodnight Kiss.”
Directs the financial activities of the club. Develops policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develops, establishes and administers procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters; prepares financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Maintains all accounting records and is responsible for development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information. Evaluates operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operational policies, trends and increased profit possibilities. Supervises the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop policies and procedures to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, cost control, payroll, taxes and related financial activities and records.
- Prepare annual budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various departments.
- Prepare, verify and disseminate monthly financial statements, supporting schedules, statistical analyses and accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for club management, the Home Office, clients, outside agencies and trade and professional organizations.
- Monitor expenditures and advise management about variances relative to the budget and financial aspects of their areas.
- Manage and conduct internal auditing programs to safeguard company assets, assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Work with external auditors to assure that procedures are consistent with company policies.
- Direct, participate in and verify the taking of various inventories for beverages, food, supplies, merchandise, equipment, furnishings, etc. Approve inventory work sheets and spot check cross checked prices.
- Ensure all cash and receipts are collected and proper bank deposits are made. Perform daily reconciliation of point of sale revenues, tax liabilities, cost of goods sold, cash and charge receipts. Prepare the cash report and reconcile bank statements.
- Manage the petty cash and operating cash fund.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
- Ensure that all insurance policies, business licenses, liquor licenses, certificates of operation, and appropriate records are current and properly maintained.
- Effectively interact in a positive and professional manner and maintain harmonious relationships with clients, municipal officials, community organizations, and fellow co-workers.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree with accounting and/or finance emphasis preferred.
- 2 years accounting and/or financial control experience and supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated capability with budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer