The Golf Club at South River
The entire team at The Golf Club at South River (division of The Brick Companies) is committed to creating genuine, welcoming, and memorable experiences for our members, guests, co-workers, and vendors. As a member of the team, you are empowered to make a positive difference, exceed expectations, build great relationships, and earn loyalty.
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for achieving set revenue and expense benchmarks for the F&B plan as determined by the General Manager. In addition, this position supervises, develops, and trains Bistro service personnel to maintain a high level of service, as well as ensure that the Club adheres to club standards and values.
Consistently displaying the Club’s steps of service at all opportunities to provide service, the Bistro Service Supervisor delivers food and beverage service to Members/Guests ensuring satisfaction, member retention, and coordination with other Club departments. For food and beverage activities at the Club, this position ensures the successful execution of functions that occur during his/her shift(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire and develop all service personnel in accordance with Club procedures. Must be proficient and professional in taking corrective actions whenever necessary.
- Outline and implement various training programs to the service personnel in order to maintain a well-trained staff to achieve excellence and drive member satisfaction and retention.
- Schedule all service personnel and work with management to handle the budgeting of labor costs.
- Ensure controls on time reporting via UKG payroll by computing the total hours and making sure the times reported by employees are accurate.
- Communicate with the Event Director, Chef, Lead Bistro Associate and Event Manager during the preparation of private functions to ensure there is correct staffing and execution of the event.
- As applicable or directed, attend, and participate in staff meetings and Food & Beverage meetings, as well as hold and/or schedule daily line-ups, regular service training meetings and special training sessions, when needed.
- Check all tickets for correct addition, signatures, and member numbers before turning them over to the office staff.
- Inspect complete side work and table settings, as well as inspect the menus and wine lists regularly.
- Check reservations and make sure that all reservations are assigned tables, and Bistro Associates are prepared and supported.
- Ensure staff is aware and ready to execute daily assignments and side work to be completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and high expectations (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, consistently sanitary work areas, refill/stock containers and supplies, etc.)
- Notify the General Manager and Event Director of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify any complaints as soon as possible, practicing service recovery.
- Interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
- Adhere to company, Club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Conduct yourself as a representative for the Company’s management team by visibly supporting and implementing policy and demonstrating high standards of ethics and integrity with members and staff.
- Demonstrate good teamwork.
- Lead and motivate others to achieve expected outcomes.
- Follow all service department, Club and corporate guidelines and policies as instructed by supervisor, policies, and manuals.
- Maintain good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including the kitchen, and assure that others are acting safely.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows GCSR property uniform standards daily.
- 4+ years’ experience as a restaurant leader.
- EDUCATION: High school diploma required.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE desired: Food Handlers Certificate, and CPR Certification preferred.
- BUDGET CONTROL/RESPONSIBILITY: F&B revenues and expenses, cost controls, and labor control.
- SECURITY/CONFIDENTIALITY: Some compensation information, Club keys, open/close procedures of Club.
- PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Computer skills, good communication skills, ability to be a strong leader.
Full-Time, Exempt, Year-Round
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer