Iron Horse Golf Course
Conveniently located in the heart of North Richland Hills, Iron Horse Golf Course’s remarkable golf, array of amenities, and friendly, personalized service have earned it recognition among the finest daily fee golf properties in the DFW Metroplex. From the Dick Phelps and Jeff Brauer designed championship layout to delicious dining and spectacular event facility, every detail has been designed to exceed guests’ expectations and create lasting memories. Iron Horse reopened in September 2021 after a golf course and clubhouse renovation featuring Better Billy Bunkers, enhanced clubhouse amenities and additional upgrades. KemperSports was selected to continue elevating Iron Horse into one of the top golf and special event destinations in DFW.
Responsible for all food and beverage service for the club. Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develops menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervises production staff. Develops and monitors food and labor budget for the department. Maintains highest food quality and sanitation standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the annual food and beverage budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure profit goals are achieved as outlined.
- Plan menus and assist with menu pricing taking into consideration customer needs, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure customer service standards are achieved with minimum employee cost. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with Company payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate sanitation standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, kitchen food service equipment and preparation areas, food storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, dining areas, patio, snack bar areas, bar areas, restrooms, and beverage carts.
- Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate fixtures, equipment, appliances, vehicles, etc.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain par-stock levels on food and beverage inventories and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Monitor internal cost controls for the department. Ensure quality levels of food and beverage products and maintain standards in production, presentation, services, facilities, and guest satisfaction.
- Develop recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation, which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs. Exercise portion control over all items served.
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Establish controls and monitor kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Train food preparation employees regarding safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Ensure compliance with operating guidelines related to City and State requirements and programs. Ensure operations comply with all state and federal laws, rules, and regulations, relating to food and beverage sanitation, alcohol and tobacco, and ADA requirements.
- Consult with Sales Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluate raw food products and monitor the quality of prepared foods to assure that applicable standards are consistently attained.
- Plan and manage the employee meal program.
- Manage employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline, and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary, and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
All back of the house food and beverage staff.
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer