Dublin Ranch Golf Course
Dublin Ranch Golf Course is proud to be the first and only golf course in its namesake city of Dublin, CA. This Robert Trent Jones Jr. par 63 layout boasts eleven unique par 3’s, five solid par 4’s and two demanding par 5’s. Skilled club selection is critical, with most players hitting every club in their bag during their round.
Rolling hills and valleys amidst a master planned community offer panoramic views of the Livermore Valley and Mt. Diablo from every hole on the course. Outstanding customer service and superb Course conditions, highlighted by typically smooth and fast greens, are reflective of the most exclusive private clubs. The course’s efficient and imaginative design typically yields a round of golf in less than four hours.
Dublin Ranch Golf Course & Event Center is nestled in the hills overlooking the Tri-Valley. It is the picture-perfect location for events where guests will enjoy beautiful panoramic views. Inside the event center, modern architectural design and appointments ensure an unparalleled experience. The expansive foyer makes for the grandest of entrances into the adjoining ballroom. With large picture windows overlooking the rolling hills of the Tri-Valley, the view from the ballroom is a breathtaking backdrop for any celebration.
Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develops menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervises production staff. Develops and monitors food and labor budget for the department. Maintains highest food quality and sanitation standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan menus and assist with menu pricing taking into consideration customer needs, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food production is economical and technically correct.
- Develop recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation, which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs. Exercise portion control over all items served.
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensure sanitation and cleanliness standards are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Establish controls and monitor kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Train food preparation employees regarding safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Prepare all necessary data for the budget; project annual food and labor costs. Monitor actual financial results and take corrective action where necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Consult with the banquet committee about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluate raw food products and monitor the quality of prepared foods to assure that applicable standards are consistently attained.
- Plan and manage the employee meal program.
- Manage employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Position Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to:
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Supervise subordinates
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Operate equipment for several hours at a time
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
- Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, 50 lbs frequently, and 20 lbs constantly
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt