Website Boughton Ridge Golf Course
Situated on 45 beautiful acres, our nine-hole, 2,205-yard, par 32 executive length golf course features contoured fairways and water on seven holes. The clubhouse features a full-service restaurant, public bar, and banquet facilities. Our elegant and picturesque Grand View Room accommodates up to 100 guests and offers panoramic views of our golf course and a full‐service bar. The Dining Room is also available for semi‐private events and can accommodate up to 65 guests. Learn more here!
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for generating revenue at the facility by promoting and selling banquets, weddings, meetings, and special events to corporate clients and the general public in the local market. Duties will involve working with management to plan, advertise, organize and coordinate events to ensure our customers have a five-star experience at the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell and organize all banquets, wedding, meeting and special events to corporate clients and the general public in the local market.
- Build relationships with media, hotels, convention contacts, civic organizations, etc. to promote banquets, meeting and special events.
- Process all requests for banquets and events. Prepare and maintain the PACE report.
- Organize and handle all details for booked events. Manage communication between departments to help ensure coordination of all guest needs and activities. Ensure that all employees, especially customer contact personnel, fully understand all pertinent details in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Conduct property tours as needed for guests. Interact with guests in a congenial and professional manner to provide information regarding facility products, services, amenities, activities, policies, etc.
- Handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with Club operating policies and procedures.
- Be fully knowledgeable of banquet menus and revenue minimums, restaurant and bar menus, and club policies and procedures.
- Monitor guest activities. Review customer satisfaction information. Analyze information reflecting customer purchases, usage of amenities, products and services. Make recommendations to appropriate departments as a means of continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College education preferred.
- 1 year sales and / or marketing experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- 1 year food & beverage experience, preferably in a full-service restaurant.
- Demonstrated quality interpersonal communication skills, presentation skills and sales skills.
- Dedication and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Position Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to:
- Give verbal and written instructions
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff and customers
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Retrieve information from technical sources
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 10 lbs constantly
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
General office machines such as typewriters, personal computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, etc. VDT glare screen and wrist rest.
Banquet servers, banquet bartenders, kitchen utility.
Full-Time, Non-Seasonal, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer