Wild Wings Golf Club
Wild Wings Golf Club is the longest and best nine-hole golf course in Northern California. Since opening in 2005 Wild Wings has become a must play for golfers of all skill levels. Wild Wings Golf Club re-opened on May 1, 2009 and was voted “Best Golf Course” in Yolo County, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017 by the Daily Democrat.
Our exceptional course conditions rival any private or public golf course in the Sacramento Valley. Bermuda fairways and tees are always at a premium. In addition, thirteen (13) lakes and many manicured bunkers surround each hole adding to the beauty of this gem in Yolo County.
These are just some of the features you will find on our 82-acre property located 5 minutes west of Woodland and just 20 minutes north of Sacramento, CA and driving distance from the North & East Bay.
Responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. Assists the Superintendent with planning and implementing budget and operating plans. Hires, trains and supervises staff. Responsibilities also include applying relevant landscaping, horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Supervise and perform various maintenance duties to maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
- Supervise then development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds. Assist with the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- Supervise course construction projects.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
- Monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school education required; college degree preferred.
- 3 years golf course maintenance, supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Maintenance Foreman; Spray Tech; Irrigation Specialist; Equipment Operators; Equipment Tech; Laborers
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, non-exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer