The Jewel Golf Club
The Jewel Golf Club, a Hale Irwin-designed 18-hole semi-private facility in Lake City, is now accepting applications for the position of Assistant Superintendent. The Jewel opened in 2005 and incorporates a blend of native fescue and prairie areas with natural wooded bluffs land. Green, tee and fairway surfaces are bentgrass.
Responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. Assists the Superintendent with planning and implementing daily turf maintenance activities. Hires, trains and supervises staff. Responsibilities also include applying relevant landscaping, horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules for a crew of about 15 to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Supervise and perform various maintenance duties to maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to The Jewels standards.
- Continued maintenance of drainage, irrigation (Toro heads), pumping and water reservoir
- Plan and assist in all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds. Assist Superintendent with the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair Ensure the staff is following in the proper cleaning procedures taught to them when completing jobs throughout the day.
- Maintain cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
- Assist Superintendent to monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, rewards, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and educational related trade associations activities.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school education required, college degree preferred.
- 3 years golf course maintenance, supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Mechanic; Spray Tech; Equipment Operators; Contracted Laborers
Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer