Assistant Superintendent – Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club
Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club
About Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club
Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club is located in the heart of the Central California Valley and opened on Sunday July 13, 2008. Owned by the City of Dinuba, Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club is surrounded by the Sierra Mountain line and canals reaching an abundance of orchards. Built on land that produced plums and peaches, the 18-hole championship golf course was specifically designed to use reclaimed water from the city and use state-of-the-art science to irrigate the vast native and playing areas. Scottsdale, Ariz.-based John Fought steered the design of the par-72, upscale daily-fee municipal golf course, strategically incorporating natural grasses and bunkers to produce a heathland golf experience as found in the classic courses of England.
A day in the life
You will be responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment and you will assist the Superintendent with planning and implementing budget and operating plans.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating plan.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Supervise and perform various maintenance duties to maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
- Supervise then development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds.
- Supervise course construction projects.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards.
- Monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- High school education required, college degree preferred.
- 3 years golf course maintenance, supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer