Assistant Superintendent -Kenmure Country Club
About Kenmure Country Club
Located within Western North Carolina’s premier gated golf community, Flat Rock’s Kenmure is a 6,509-yard par-72 layout designed by renowned Florida-based architect Joe Lee that provides top-notch high country living. Opened in 1982, the private club is a stern test for advanced players while appealing to the everyday player. Breathtaking views can be seen on each of its 18 holes thanks to the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains. Other club amenities include a historic clubhouse, excellent dining options, 6 tennis courts, fitness and aquatic center and a 260-person grand ball room perfect for events and weddings. Kenmure is an easy place to relax and enjoy an active lifestyle.
A day in the life
You will be responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. Also, you will supervise and perform various maintenance duties to maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating plan.
- Planning and implementing staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Assisting the Superintendent with planning and implementing budget and operating plans.
- Supervising the following:
– development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
– all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds.
– course construction projects.
– equipment maintenance and repair operations.
- Ensuring maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards.
- Monitoring the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Managing employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintaining accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
- Maintaining knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
We are looking for someone that demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management and has quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High school education required, college degree preferred.
- 3 years golf course maintenance, supervisory and/or management experience.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer