About The Village Club of Sands Point
This is a family-friendly private club conveniently located on the Gold Coast of Long Island within the Village of Sands Point. Built in 1916 by Isaac Guggenheim, with the rich ambiance of an Italian Renaissance style mansion, the Guggenheim Estate remains one of the finest and most impressive in New York. Formerly the IBM Country Club, the Village of Sands Point purchased the estate in 1994. The Club property, facing Long Island Sound covers approximately 210 acres of sprawling lawns, estate gardens and prime waterfront views. The club’s facilities include an 18-hole golf course, swimming pool, 10 Har-Tru tennis courts, 2 hard courts with 4 painted on pickleball courts, 6 platform tennis courts and in July of 2023 4 designated pickleball courts.
A day in the life
The club is seeking 2 seasonal (May 1st-September 15th) assistant racquet professionals with the potential for year-round employment. The focus is on Tennis, Pickleball and potentially Platform Tennis. The individual will support the Director of Racquets.
Responsibilities include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the Director of Racquets in running and managing all aspects of the racquets program (Tennis and Pickleball).
- Teach private, group, cardio, team practices, juniors and pickleball lessons.
- Assist the Director in planning, coordinating, and executing tournaments, events, and activities for both adults and children.
- Communicate and engage with the membership and maintain a high level of visibility at events.
- Run the summer/fall junior tennis clinic.
- Ensure accurate completion of member charge.
- Write a weekly update to the tennis membership.
- Work 6 days a week during the busy months.
- Racquet stringing and assisting in the pro shop.
- Work with the Director of Racquets to continue to grow the tennis and pickleball programs.
- A college degree is preferred, as is a strong playing background in tennis and pickleball.
- At least 3-4 years of teaching experience and program management, preferably in a country club setting.
- Must be ambitious, enthusiastic, personable, a team player, and have strong communication skills.
- Must support the club’s “Service Culture” and be willing to collaborate with a team to provide an excellent member experience.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer