Assistant Golf Professional – White Clay Creek Country Club
About White Clay Creek Country Club
Located in Wilmington, Delaware near Delaware Park Casino. This Arthurs Hills course is a hidden gem and loaded with amenities. Five sets of tees, large practice facility, indoor teaching studio, short game area, large banquet room, and upscale restaurant.
A day in the life
As the Assistant Golf Professional you will assist the Head Professional with all golf shop activities and outside services operations and will be responsible for ensuring that members and guests receive outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. You will also be instrumental in organizing and implementing golf events, tournaments, merchandising, outings, leagues, teaching clinics and other golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in implementing applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to golf shop and outside service activities.
- Handling cash flow in the golf shop, ensuring that cash and credit card charges balance with sales receipts in accordance with operating procedures.
- Monitoring the performance of assigned staff including golf shop attendants, starters, rangers, and outside service staff to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved.
- Ensuring that the golf shop, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained per Company cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Assisting in the preparation operating and capital budgets.
- Assisting with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Ensuring accurate tracking of types and quantity of golf rounds played.
- Interacting with pass-holders, members and guests in a congenial and professional manner.
- Maintaining pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times.
- Planning and conducting individual and group lesson programs and golf clinics.
- Assisting with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events.
- Selling merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Assisting with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as the handicapping system, membership programs and driving range facilities.
- Assuring the efficient and timely submission of all required reports.
We are looking for someone with minimum 1 year of experience in the golf or hospitality industry preferred who demonstrates quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- BA / BS degree, preferred.
- PGA apprentice or better, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of retailing, marketing, and/or sales, customer service, and guest relations preferred.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer