About Whiskey Creek Golf Club
Whiskey Creek Golf Club is an 18 hole golf course located near Frederick, MD. We are a fully public facility that caters to the Washington DC and Baltimore metro markets. The course has a great reputation in the area and is often listed as one of the premier public courses in the state of Maryland. We are looking for service-oriented individuals to join our team.
Whiskey Creek opened in 2001 and was designed by Ernie Els – 4 time major champion. We offer our guests an enjoyable layout with great elevation changes and amazing views of the surrounding mountains. Equipped with a spacious driving range, chipping area, 5 sets of tees and a full-service dining facility, Whiskey Creek has everything necessary to cater to avid golfers as well as those who may be new to the game. We also offer a first-class experience to all of our guests from the time they arrive until the time they leave the property. Whiskey Creek is an amazing place to play and offers a great work environment for anyone looking to join our team. Read more here Whiskey Creek Golf Club
A day in the life
Under your supervision: Golf shop staff, outside services, starters, rangers.
As the Assistant Golf Professional, you will also play the instrumental role of Tournament Coordinator organizing and implementing golf events, tournaments, outings, leagues, teaching clinics and other golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace. This position assists the Director of Golf and Head Golf Professional with all golf shop activities and outside services operations and is responsible for ensuring that each guest receives outstanding customer service and ensuring the first in class experience we provide on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist in implementing applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to golf shop and outside service activities. Ensure procedures are followed to open, close and secure the golf shop and storage buildings.
- Handle cash flow in the golf shop, ensuring that cash and credit card charges balance with sales receipts in accordance with operating procedures.
- Monitor the performance of assigned staff including golf shop attendants, starters, rangers, and outside service staff to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved.
- Ensure that the golf shop, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained per company cleanliness and appearance standards. Maintain clean, presentable and fully stocked merchandise displays.
- Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Interact with players and other staff members in a congenial and professional manner.
- Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures.
- Plan and conduct individual and group lesson programs and golf clinics.
- Assist with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events. Ensure efficient operation and coordination of golf shop, cart service and other services as applicable.
- Organize and handle all details for group outings, special events and tournaments including meals, tee times, and other activities. Manage communication between departments to help ensure coordination of all guest needs and activities.
- Assist preparing brochures and group outing information packages.
- Handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff and communicate clearly pertinent details of events/outings in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Cross train other staff members on the general outing/event process to ensure outstanding customer service.
- Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise. Sell merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- BA / BS degree, preferred.
- PGA or LPGA apprentice or better, preferred.
- Min 1year experience in the golf or hospitality industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of retailing, marketing, and/or sales, customer service, and guest relations preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends and holidays.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.