Assistant Golf Professional – Waverly Woods Golf Club
About Waverly Woods Golf Courses
Designed by the late acclaimed golf course architect Arthur Hills and centrally located between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Waverly Woods opened in 1998. Waverly Woods’ par-72 layout reaches just over 7,000 yards from the back tees and is set on beautiful rolling and often wooded terrain with five different sets of tees. Driven by recreational golfers, for recreational golfers, GolfPass’ annual Golfers’ Choice lists have ranked Waverly Woods among the top 25 best courses in Maryland for the past six years.
A day in the life
As the Assistant Golf pro you will assist the General Manager/Director of Golf with all golf shop activities and outside services operations and is responsible for ensuring that pass-holders, members and guests receive outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. In addition, you will be instrumental in organizing and implementing golf events, tournaments, outings, leagues, teaching clinics and other golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in implementing applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to golf shop and outside service activities.
- Handle cash flow in the golf shop.
- Monitor the performance of assigned staff including golf shop attendants, starters, rangers, and outside service staff to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved.
- Ensure that the golf shop, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained per Company cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Assist in the preparation operating and capital budgets.
- Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Ensure accurate tracking of types and quantity of golf rounds played.
- Interact with pass-holders, members and guests in a congenial and professional manner.
- Maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times.
- Plan and conduct individual and group lesson programs and golf clinics.
- Assist with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events.
- Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as the handicapping system, membership programs and driving range facilities.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required reports.
We are looking for someone with minimum 1 year of experience in the golf/hospitality industry.
- BA / BS degree, preferred
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of retailing, marketing, and/or sales, customer service, and guest relations preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer