The Governors Club
In 1799, Colonel John Winstead and family first took possession of the rich farmland that would for the next two centuries be home to them and their descendants. Here Winstead built a two-story log home, which they lived in until 1854 when a son, John M. Winstead, constructed the elegant, tall-pillared home, which is known today as Pleasant Hill Mansion. It is now an impressive location for weddings and receptions.
The homesteads and over 600 acres remained in the family until 1997, when it was purchased for the development of The Governors Club. Pleasant Hill and the Winstead Log Cabins have been lovingly preserved and both the rustic cabins and the antebellum mansion serve as a stately backdrop for the magnificent Governors Club golf course.
The Arnold Palmer designed championship course follows the property’s natural rolling hills and is as challenging as it is beautiful. Palmer has utilized the property’s historic stonewalls, spring-fed creeks, and scenic waterfalls to create breathtaking views at every turn.
Today, The Governors Club welcomes a new generation to celebrate a unique golf experience surrounded by a quiet elegance that only time can endow.
“The Governors Club is a great golf course of classic character. All players will realize its style, elegance and beauty while having fun playing it.”
The Governors Club is the premier gated golf community in Middle Tennessee. It is guarded 24 hours per day and is home to many Nashville area celebrities!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first-class member and guest service throughout the Club with focus on all golf operations.
- Interact with members and guests in a congenial and professional manner.
- Execute current event programming schedule and offer new programming ideas to satisfy membership. Assist with the development and promotion of the Men’s and Women’s golf associations. Help facilitate all junior golf programs. Administer golf range events including demo days and custom-fitting sessions.
- Help design, organize, and implement all aspects of golf outings and tournament operations including creation of cart signs, bag tags, scorecards, format sheets, cart staging and scoring.
- Implement applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to Golf Shop and Outside Services.
- Ensure procedures are followed to open, close, and secure the golf shop and storage buildings.
- Ensure that the Golf Shop, storage areas, cart storage, and grounds are maintained per Company cleanliness and appearance standards. Maintain clean, presentable, and fully stocked merchandise displays.
- Direct supervising responsibilities include but are not limited to training and scheduling for cart staff. Monitor performance to ensure service standards and productivity goals are achieved.
- Always maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner. Handle member and guest inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures.
- BA / BS degree, preferred.
- PGA Level 1 or higher, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the area’s leadership, merchandising, tournament operations and teaching.
- Proficient with computer software including GHIN handicap, Golf Genius, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems while thinking outside the box.
- Efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision
- Work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
Full-time, Year-round, Exempt