Assistant Golf Professional – Rock Spring Golf Club
About Rock Spring Golf Club
Rock Spring Golf Club at West Orange features one of only two public golf courses in the United States designed by legendary architect Seth Raynor, whose highly-ranked work includes Fisher’s Island in New York, Shoreacres on Chicago’s North Shore and Mid Ocean Club in Bermuda. Twelve of Raynor’s courses are on GOLF Magazine’s list of the Top 100 in the U.S.
Rock Spring’s 6,600-yard par-71 course sits on a rolling, tree-lined site and features many of Raynor’s trademark design elements with truly unique and creative green complexes. Founded in 1925, Rock Spring Golf Club at West Orange has played host to the New Jersey State Open (1981, 1990, 2000 and 2009), the US Healthcare Classic, and many state PGA and USGA qualifying events. Located just 15 miles west of Manhattan, Rock Spring Golf Club at West Orange also features a clubhouse with sweeping views of the Manhattan skyline, Cable Lake and Second Mountain.
A day in the life
You will assist the General Manager with all golf shop activities and outside services operations and is responsible for ensuring that pass-holders, members and guests receive outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. In addition, you will be instrumental in organizing and implementing golf events, tournaments, outings, leagues, teaching clinics and other golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in implementing applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to golf shop and outside service activities.
- Handle cash flow in the golf shop, ensuring that cash and credit card charges balance with sales receipts in accordance with operating procedures.
- Monitor the performance of assigned staff.
- Ensure that the golf shop, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained per Company cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Assist in the preparation operating and capital budgets.
- Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Ensure accurate tracking of types and quantity of golf rounds played.
- Plan and conduct individual and group lesson programs and golf clinics.
- Assist with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events.
- Sell merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as the handicapping system, membership programs and driving range facilities.
- BA / BS degree, preferred.
- PGA or LPGA associate or better, preferred.
- Min 1year experience in the golf or hospitality industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of retailing, marketing, and/or sales, customer service, and guest relations preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer