The Timbers at Troy
The Timbers at Troy Golf Course offers the best of the Maryland countryside. Rolling hills, mature trees, and meandering streams provide the backdrop to a truly enjoyable and challenging golf course, highlighted by spectacular bunkering and bentgrass from tee to green. The layout is a reminder of the beauty of the Greater Baltimore region’s majestic setting. During the winter of 2016-2017, the Timbers underwent a historic renovation that included new, state-of-the-art Billy Bunker sand traps, new irrigation, new cart paths, and clubhouse improvements. The Timbers at Troy is truly Howard County’s premiere public golf experience.
The Timbers’ 206 acres are rich in history. Originally granted to the Dorsey family by Lord Baltimore in 1664, the property later became known as Troy Hill. Members of this prominent family held various official posts in 17th century America and led the Elkridge Militia during the Revolutionary War.
The Assistant Golf Pro/Pro Shop Manager assists the General Manager and Head Golf Professional with all golf shop activities and outside services operations and is responsible for ensuring that each and every guest receives outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. The Assistant Golf Pro/Pro Shop Manger is instrumental in organizing and implementing golf events, tournaments, outings, leagues, teaching clinics and other golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementing applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to golf shop and outside service activities. Ensure procedures are followed to open, close and secure the golf shop and storage buildings.
- Handle cash flow in the golf shop, ensuring that cash and credit card charges balance with sales receipts in accordance with operating procedures.
- Monitor the performance of assigned staff including golf shop attendants, starters, rangers, and outside service staff to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved.
- Ensure that the golf shop, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained per company cleanliness and appearance standards. Maintain clean, presentable and fully stocked merchandise displays.
- Assist in the preparation operating and capital budgets. Provide assistance with financial forecasts and analyzing budget variances as appropriate.
- Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Ensure accurate tracking of types and quantity of golf rounds played. Monitor customer preferences, usage patterns, and satisfaction with Company products and services. Assess the quality of internal and/or external customer service and speed of play. Recommend plans for continued improvement.
- Interact with players club members, residents of Howard County and all guests in a congenial and professional manner.
- Maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures.
- Plan and conduct individual and group lesson programs and golf clinics.
- Assist with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events. Ensure efficient operation and coordination of golf shop, cart service and other services as applicable.
- Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise. Sell merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as the handicapping system, membership programs and driving range facilities.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required reports.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- BA / BS degree, preferred.
- PGA or LPGA apprentice or better, preferred.
- Min 1year experience in the golf or hospitality industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of retailing, marketing, and/or sales, customer service, and guest relations preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends and holidays.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Golf shop staff, outside services, starters, rangers
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer