Cedar Point Club
Cedar Point Club is a member owned, Kemper Sports operated facility located in the booming North Suffolk Area of Tidewater Virginia. Our top tier, year-round conditions and challenging greens attract some of the best players in the area, many of which call Cedar Point home. Cedar Point has 18 holes of Championship golf, full practice facilities and a fun Par 3 course situated right on the shores of the Nanesmond River. Cedar Point has roughly 20,000 rounds played each year. The Club hosted the Virginia Men’s State Amateur in July 2022 and most recently the Virginia Women’s State Amateur in July 2023. Cedar Point is one of only two Clubs in the state that have hosted every VSGA Major at least once.
In 2019 we were awarded the Middle-Atlantic Private Club Leader Award from the National Golf Course Owners Association. Our New Pool and Aquatics Center opened in July of 2020. Our bridges, bulkheads and bunkers were also renovated in 2020 using the capillary concrete drainage system paired with SF-35 sand. In 2021, renovations included a brand-new kitchen, lobby and dining areas in the main clubhouse. Our golf car fleet was upgraded in 2021 with new Club Car Tempos equipped with the Visage system. In the winter of 2021 we upgraded our locker rooms and other amenities throughout property. A full Golf Shop renovation/expansion and a cart barn expansion with a deck for dining was just completed on April 1st. In addition, our practice facility is getting a makeover with all new grass tees, a continuous “real feel” synthetic turf system as well as other enhancements.
Our past assistants have moved on to larger roles at other Clubs in Virginia. It is our goal to instill the necessary tools in our assistants and support their career growth.
The Professional Staff is seeking a new addition to assist our team in continuing to build the best private club experience in the area for our members and their guests! We are a young and energetic staff that has an emphasis on tournament ops, instruction, playing with members and most of all – work/life balance. The operation has one full time shop assistant year-round and two part time shop assistants in-season to reduce or eliminate counter time for the Professional Staff during peak season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to Day operation of all golf facilities
- Facilitate weekly member tournaments, leagues and outings
- Conduct private golf lessons, group clinics and junior golf programs
- Playing Golf with Members
- Coordinate player development programs
- Private Country Club experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- A friendly, approachable, can-do attitude is essential with a strong desire to excel in the golf industry and become a Head Professional.
- Strong Tournament Management skills using the Golf Genius software.
- Experience leading player development programs such as camps, clinics and PGA Junior League and Operation 36.
- Knowledge of the Visage cart management system and the Club Essential platform is preferred.
- Strong written and communication skills.
Pro Shop Attendants, Outside Golf Staff
Full-Time, Salary, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer