Champion’s Pointe Golf Club
Champion’s Pointe Golf Club, a Fuzzy Zoeller/Clyde Johnson 18-hole daily-fee golf course in Designed by Masters and U.S. Open champion Fuzzy Zoeller and famed golf course architect Clyde Johnston, Champions Pointe opened in 2007. Recently, Champions Pointe has created a private club experience and made it accessible to public golfers, helping the course become sought-after Midwest golfing destinations aided by affordable stay and play packages with local hotel partners.
The 18-hole, par 72-layout plays just over 7,000 yards from the back tees through rolling hills and features zoysiagrass fairways and bentgrass greens, which help provide premier course conditions year-round in Southern Indiana’s climate. In addition, Covered Bridge’s holes 9 and 18 feature Fuzzy Zoeller-signature double greens. Each course is complemented by one the area’s top practice facilities and an expansive clubhouse home to a fully equipped golf shop, sports bar, full-service restaurant and banquet facilities.
Responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. Assists the Superintendent with planning and implementing daily turf maintenance activities. Hires, trains, and supervises staff. Responsibilities also include applying relevant landscaping, horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules for a crew of about 15 to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Supervise and perform various maintenance duties to maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to The Champion’s Pointe standards.
- Continued maintenance of drainage, irrigation (Rain Bird), pumping and water reservoir
- Plan and assist in all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds. Assist Superintendent with the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair Ensure the staff is following in the proper cleaning procedures taught to them when completing jobs throughout the day.
- Maintain cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunchroom areas, restrooms, etc.
- Assist Superintendent to monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety,
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, rewards, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and educational related trade associations activities.
- Perform other duties as
- High school education required; college degree
- 3 years golf course maintenance, supervisory and/or management
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all
Mechanic; Spray Tech; Equipment Operators; Contracted Laborers
Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer