Website Hawthorn Woods Country Club
Hawthorn Woods Country Club is home to an Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course. HWCC currently has 303 golfing members and 302 social members. The Clubhouse and golf course are the focal point of a Toll Brothers 520 home master-planned community. Clubhouse dining consists of a 50-seat member bar and grill area, a 90-seat dining room and 40-seat banquet room. There is a ½ way house off the men’s locker room, a snack bar at the pool, 3 har-tru tennis courts, 4 platform tennis courts, a fitness center, and bocce courts. Many social activities focus on our brand “More for today’s Active Families.” www.Hwccgolf.com
Under the supervision of the General Manager, this position will assist in the daily operations management in all areas of the Facility. Assists with Weekly, Monthly and Annual reporting, budgeting, and merchandising for all areas. This position will require equal time in Facility Management, F&B, and all member service areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, supervision, and evaluation of restaurant, banquet, racquets, fitness, aquatics, and golf course employees, creating an environment for success.
- Conduct orientation and training program for all restaurant, banquet, racquets, fitness, aquatics.
- Organize and execute sales plan, pricing, and billing of outings and special events and in-house tournaments and events.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of F&B and facility staffing needs. Oversee schedules and ensure that the facility is appropriately staffed for all shifts.
- Institute and enforce inventory control measures including spot checks on product counts.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with local and regional health authorities.
- Serve in the capacity of General Manager in the absence of the GM.
- Acts as the closing manager as the position will require evenings and additionally some morning opening shifts.
- Prepare reports and budgets for all F&B areas reporting weekly, monthly, and annually.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of all safety program.
- Work as a Team Player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments.
- Ensures that F&B facilities and equipment are maintained and in proper repair.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround time, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
- Hire, train, schedule and manage all employees in a positive, uplifting and gracious manor always leading by example.
- Own all systems and checklists to ensure compliance of organizational, cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Assists and completes all Month End inventories for F&B.
- Three years’ experience managing staff
- College degree preferred
- Food and beverage sanitation certification preferred
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Banquet/Restaurant management experience required
- Will act as the main contact for marketing and promotions for the golf course and restaurant
- Must possess working knowledge of restaurant, bar, banquet, and golf operations
- Strong knowledge of excel and possess good math skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Skilled in F&B POS software
- Knowledge of inventory control
- Experience in leading and training staff
Full-Time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer