Abut Boughton Ridge Golf Course
Situated on 45 beautiful acres, our nine-hole, 2,205-yard, par 32 executive length course features contoured fairways and water on seven holes. The Lily Cache Creek meanders through five holes and feeds a large lake, which borders three holes. Twenty-one sand traps provide plenty of challenge to even the strongest players. Watered trees, fairways and greens provide lush turf and reward well played shots. Learn more here!
A day in the life
Under the supervision of the General Manager, you will assist in the daily operations management in all areas of Facility Management, F&B and Golf Operations.
You will also supervise department managers and hourly associates.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, supervision, and evaluation of restaurant, banquet and golf course employees, creating an environment for success.
- Conduct orientation and training program for all restaurant, banquet, and golf course staff.
- Organize and execute sales plan, pricing, and billing of outings and special events and in-house tournaments and events.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of facility staffing needs.
- Institute and enforce inventory control measures including spot checks on product counts.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Serve in the capacity of General Manager in the absence of the GM.
- Act as the closing manager as the position will require evenings during Mon-Sun and additionally some morning opening shifts.
- Prepare reports and budgets for all F&B areas reporting weekly, monthly and annually.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of all safety program.
- Work as a Team Player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments.
- Ensure that F&B facilities and equipment are maintained and in proper repair.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround time, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
- Hire, train, schedule and manage all employees in a positive, uplifting and gracious manor always leading by example.
- Own all systems and checklists to ensure compliance of organizational, cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Assist and complete all Month End inventories for F&B.
- College degree preferred
- Prior staff supervision experience preferred
- Food Protection Manager Certification required within 30 days of hire
- Basset certification required within 30 days of hire
- ServSafe Food Handler and Allergens Certifications required with 30 days of hire.
- Village of Bolingbrook background check (for acceptance of liquor deliveries) required within 30 days of hire.
- Obtain additional certifications as required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Banquet/Restaurant management experience required
- Will act as the main contact for marketing and promotions for the golf course and restaurant
- Must possess working knowledge of restaurant, bar, banquet, and golf operations
- Strong knowledge of excel and possess good math skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Skilled in F&B POS software
- Knowledge of inventory control
- Experience in leading and training staff
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer