The Glen Club
Located in the north side Chicago suburb of Glenview, The Glen Club is a world-class daily fee golf club with corporate memberships. The facility includes a Tom Fazio-designed golf course and a 50,000 square ft clubhouse that houses a golf shop, locker rooms, a full-service restaurant, spacious banquet facilities, 21 overnight guest accommodations, the Illinois Golf Hall of Fame, and is the home of the Illinois Section of the PGA.
Assists Property Controller with coordination and implementation of accounting related activities and records. This position will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all vendor A/P, daily point of sale closeouts, bank deposits and HR filing. Assists Controller with record keeping for accounting and financial files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input A/P invoices
- Month end vendor reconciliations
- Weekly and ‘as needed’ A/P check runs
- Maintaining vendor files / filing paid invoices
- Reconcile daily cash receipts from POS system
- Monday and Thursday bank deposits (mileage reimbursement)
- Assist with inputting event payments
- Assist with inputting member payments, invoice questions and member account adjustments
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary, and related reports.
- Keep up to date with industry best practices through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- Assist the Property Controller with other tasks as assigned
- High school required. College degree preferred (Accounting or Finance)
- Previous accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Basic Excel and Word expertise, Excel experience preferred.
- Strong analytical sense and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in an organized manner in a fast-paced environment with ambitious attitude and forward thinking.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
Part-time (20-25 hours per week), Non-Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer