Banquet Manager – The Glen Club
About The Glen Club
Located in the north side Chicago suburb of Glenview, The Glen Club is a world-class daily fee golf club with corporate memberships. The facility includes a Tom Fazio-designed golf course and a 50,000 square ft clubhouse that houses a golf shop, locker rooms, a full-service restaurant, spacious banquet facilities, 21 overnight guest accommodations, and the Illinois Golf Hall of Fame. Learn more here!
A day in the life
As the Banquet Manager you will be responsible for the planning and daily operations of Banquets and Food & Beverage outlets as needed. Keys to success will be to improve the profitability of Banquets and Food & Beverage Departments, as well as increase member, banquet, and restaurant customer satisfaction and develop improved product offerings and strategies. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Banquet outlets with heavy focus on Ala Carte dining business when needed.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and execution of the division’s annual budget, business marketing plan, forecasts, and objectives to meet and exceed management expectations.
- Works exceptionally close with Catering and Sales Team to take the hand off from them prior to executing events at a high level.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings at events and in the restaurant to ensure appropriate communication to team. Have a constant presence and impact on our guests and teammates alike.
- Assist in marketing the Banquet Department outlets.
- Manage the Human Resources within the outlet.
- Direct and oversee recruitment and development of associates; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance, and salary reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment policy, discipline and terminate as appropriate
- Solicit feedback from members and non-members concerning service and food & beverage offerings in all F&B units.
- Assist with Preventative Maintenance and Repair & Maintenance of all F&B related FFE.
- Oversee/manage monthly food and beverage inventory process as well as quarterly china/glass/silver inventory for the restaurant, halfway house, and banquets.
- Assist to maintain food and beverage COGS.
- Ensures all events are staffed correctly by using the scheduling tools that we have in place.
- Upkeeps all Banquet Menu’s on our POS System.
- Manage the maintenance and sanitation of the Food and Beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the assets, comply with regulations, and ensure quality service.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Assist the Director of Food & Beverage to develop and implement menus and back-up, (use records, production lists, pars, training), with corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Implement and manage all company programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state, and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
- 1 to 3 years of previous restaurant and or banquet management experience.
- Undergraduate degree or higher preferred.
- Illinois Food Handlers Certification and Illinois Basset Certification required.
- Requires knowledge of wines and spirits as well as menus.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food and Beverage/Hospitality profession. This includes the knowledge required for management of people, complex problems, and food and beverage management.
- Intermediate+ computer knowledge helpful for smooth operation of area, Point of Sale system required.
- Ability to compile facts and figures in accordance with established procedures.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills for managing/supervising staff accordingly.
- May be required to work varying schedule, nights, and weekends.
- Must stand for long periods of time.
- Must lift up to 50 lbs.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer