Chef – Chambers Bay Golf Course
Chambers Bay Golf Course
Chambers Bay, host of the 2010 U.S. Amateur, 2015 U.S. Open Championships and 2021 U.S Men’s 4-Ball Championship, is Washington State’s golf masterpiece – a unique tribute to the historic links of Scotland and Ireland. With the Puget Sound providing a serene backdrop, this breathtaking layout winds through a stunning coastal setting, among windswept dunes and native grasses. The snow-capped Olympic Mountains rim the western shore and eagles keep silent watch overhead. Chambers Bay also features a semi-permanent outdoor pavilion popular for weddings, banquets and all other special events.
For additional information regarding Chambers Bay and photos, please visit our website at www.chambersbaygolf.com
Responsible for all food and pastry production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develops menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervises production staff. Develops and monitors food and labor budget for the department. Maintains highest food quality and sanitation standards. Supervises all back of the house food and beverage staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan menus and assist with menu pricing taking into consideration customer needs, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food production is economical and technically correct.
- Develop recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation, which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs. Exercise portion control over all items served.
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensure sanitation and cleanliness standards are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Establish controls and monitor kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Train food preparation employees regarding safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Prepare all necessary data for the budget; project annual food and labor costs. Monitor actual financial results and take corrective action where necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Consult with the banquet committee about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluate raw food products and monitor the quality of prepared foods to assure that applicable standards are consistently attained.
- Plan and manage the employee meal program.
- Manage employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- 3 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer